Public Relations Publications

HOME > Public Relations Forum > Public Relations Publications
Like 0 SNS Share(Facebook) SNS Share(Twitter) SNS Share(Kakao story) SNS Share(Naver blog) Print

The 22nd Overseas Election for National Assembly Members. Let's participate together!

writer : 운영자 Registration Date : 2023-09-13

Let's prepare for the 22nd National Assembly overseas election together!

Elections are also possible overseas!!

I'm an international student, can I have an election abroad?

Even permanent residents, those who are on business trips abroad, studying abroad, or working holidays can participate in the election abroad!

WOW!

I'm glad you can have the right to vote overseas as well.

But what's overseas elections?

We're overseas, but we're also Korean citizens!

Shall we find out about overseas elections?

Let's find out what overseas elections mean!

What is an overseas election?

Elections for Overseas Koreans Overseas Koreans are permanent residents with Korean nationality, and those who are staying abroad for study, business trips, or travel.

18 years of age or older who wants to vote abroad

Overseas Koreans need to apply for registration as an overseas voter (change) or report as an overseas absentee!

Then why did the overseas election system come to be?

Korean citizens should be able to enjoy the right to vote, which is the basic right of the people guaranteed by the Constitution, at home and anywhere in the world.

The pride and patriotism of overseas Koreans will be enhanced by exercising suffrage overseas! UP!

Overseas elections were first held in the 19th National Assembly election in 2012!

What is the difference between overseas electors and overseas absentees?

<Preview of overseas electors and overseas absentees>

- Overseas Elector: Korean citizens aged 18 years or older (including those born on April 11, 2006) who do not have resident registration

- Abroad absentee: Korean citizens aged 18 years or older (including those born on April 11, 2006) who are registered as residents

Find out more in the next episode!